“Rekindling peoples sense of hope and purpose during the Covid-19 pandemic: The power of group (self- and) career construction counselling counselling”
2nd International Congress of Pedagogical Research
15-16 May 2021
Universiti Utara Malaysia
School of Education
The African Journal of Career Development (AJCD) has been accepted into the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
Accordingly, the journal is accredited by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- i. How to Draw on ‘Stories’ and ‘Scores’ to Facilitate Career Construction Counselling to Individuals and in Group Contexts, and
- ii. How to Integrate the Outcomes of the Career Interest Profile and the Maree Career Matrix: Practical Exercise
Coping with exams during a pandemic
Prof Kobus Maree of the Department of Educational Psychology offers lecturers advice on how to check in on their emotions during exam time in the midst of all the challenges brought about by COVID-19.
Degree, diploma, or certificate which of these qualifications offers the students their ‘best’ chance in the occupational world?
Prof Maree receives the PsySSA Award for Fellowship 2017
This prize is awarded in recognition of a significant contribution to psychological science by a current or past scholar or team of scholars.
To read more :
Prof Maree has been appointed as Professor Extraordinaire
Prof Maree has been appointed as Professor Extraordinaire in the Faculty of Education, University of Stellenbosh.
Call for Manuscripts for a Special Issue of the African Journal of Career Development (AJCD) (2021)
Theme: Promoting career development: Managing challenges and exploiting opportunities associated with the Covid-19 pandemic
The Editor-in-Chief of the African Journal of Career Development (AJCD) invites you to submit your latest research towards the latest special issue.
The second Biennial South African Congress of Career Practitioners (March 2021):
“Operation Phoenix: A call for community first”
Prof. Maree was awarded the Psychological Association of SA Lifetime Award
Prof. Maree was awarded the Psychological Association of SA Lifetime Award in recognition of a person that has dedicated his life to Psychology in South Africa at the Pan African Psychology Congress in Durban on 19 September 2017
Prof Maree has received B1 NRF rating valid from 1 January 2017.
Click to read more!
The article 'Why career counselling is more valuable now than ever before' has been published on The Conversation.
Read the article at the theconversation.com website!
- Prof. Maree’s recent keynote at the World Council for Gifted and talented Children Congress – Kentucky University
- [VIDEO] The Importance of Peer Review
- Prof. Maree will be reading the following papers at scholarly Conferences soon
- UNITWIN network meeting, Lausanne, Switzerland – 18 June 2021
- Prof Maree has been invited to read a keynote at the 2021 virtual Conference of the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children