1. Introductory Interview with Prof. Maree (20 minutes)
2. Administration of the Career Interest Profile (CIP) (10 minutes)
3. Case Study 1: Competing career paths
a. Initial Interview
b. Follow up
4. Case Study 2: Leaving school
a. Initial interview
b. Follow up (Should this not be Follow-up?)
5. Debriefing the reflective counselling process (35 minutes)
7. Prof Maree (this would include a short CV)
Watch expert psychologist Professor Kobus Maree carry out two case studies to demonstrate the reflective career counselling process. Based on the ground-breaking work of Prof Mark Savickas, Prof Maree first elaborates the theoretical base for career construction counselling, and subsequently demonstrates the way in which the Career Interest Profile (CIP) can be used to facilitate career construction counselling. Savickas’ career construction interview (including the Three Anecdotes Technique), too, is explicated and demonstrated.
Prof Maree, developer of the CIP, demonstrates how to apply this carefully designed narrative instrument to help clients narrate their career stories, enable them to listen to, authorise and fine-tune these stories and, ultimately, become actively involved in the process of self- and career construction. During this process, clients are gently guided to reflect and meta-reflect on their own career-related responses. The explicated strategy should provide career counsellors with a strategy to help clients not only choose ‘appropriate’ careers but, more importantly, advance their unfinished stories. construct themselves and use their careers to design and live successful lives.
This fascinating DVD features an initial interview, administration of the CIP, an initial and follow-up session with two clients, and a learning points discussion section.
From watching this DVD, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the key concepts of Reflective Career Counselling
- Gain insight into how the Career Interest Profile (CIP) can guide and assist practitioners in this process
- See the process in action with two real life case studies